1. CREATE YOUR FUNDRAISING
- Choose whether to join one of the community projects or create a fundraiser by taking advantage of a’special occasion of your life.
- In your personal fundraiser set an achievable monetary goal with respect to your network of contacts.
- Give an original title, choose or upload a photo, and explain in a few words why you chose to launch a personal fundraiser.
- Make your first donation to get off to a great start!
2. SHARE IT WITH FRIENDS AND FAMILY
- Send a WhatsApp or Telegram message to your family members with the collection link-they will be your first supporters! Use the share buttons directly from your cell phone.
- Identify 10 other people among your friends and acquaintances who can support your cause and send them the link to your collection: use WhatsApp, Telegram or e-mail. Also send an audio or short video explaining the reason for your collection-it will be much more engaging and convincing!
- Mark the names of those who pledge you a donation; you might try to contact them again, after some time, to solicit them.
- Keep your collection page alive by making posts on your page to update your network of contacts and thank supporters.
- Talk about your initiative on the social media you use most such as Facebook, Instagram or Twitter, and always ask for word of mouth.
- Don’t be afraid to ask for a donation-you‘re doing it for a good cause!
BECAUSE “ARE YOU IN?“
Don Oreste Benzi, founderof the Pope John XXIII Community, had his own way of convincing the people he met to accept his proposals: “Come on, are you in?” he would say, with the serious look and enthusiastic smile of children. And they were proposals that seemed out of this world… instead, thousands of people chose to share the commitment to the side of the least, welcoming them into their homes, taking care of them and making them part of their families. Since its inception in 1968, the Community has made a concrete commitment to combat marginalization and poverty in all its forms. This is precisely why it launched a Personal Fundraising platform with the aim of raising funds to concretely remove the causes of injustice.