Version of 16/03/2018
If the user accepts the profiling cookies, as identified below, these will be added to his/her existing profile in our databases, if the user has given his/her consent to marketing and profiling activities during his/her adhesion to one or more of the initiatives carried out by our website (e.g.: during registration, for e-commerce actions), or during actions carried out in adhesion to initiatives via phone, SMS or traditional mail or through advanced communication and sharing techniques (e.g.: social networks).
What are cookies
Cookies are pieces of information saved on the hard disk of the user’s terminal and which are sent by the user’s browser to a Web server and which refer to the use of the network. Consequently, they allow to know the services, the sites visited and the options that, while surfing the net, have been manifested. In other words, cookies are small files, containing letters and numbers, which are downloaded to the user’s computer or mobile device when visiting a website. The cookies are then sent back to the original website on each subsequent visit, or to another website that recognizes these cookies. Cookies are useful because they allow a website to recognize the user’s device.
This information is not, therefore, provided spontaneously and directly, but leaves a trace of the user’s navigation on the network.
Cookies perform several functions and allow you to navigate between pages efficiently, remembering user preferences and, more generally, improving their experience. They can also help to ensure that the advertisements displayed during navigation are of interest to the user and that the marketing activities carried out are in line with the user’s preferences, avoiding unwelcome promotional initiatives or those not in line with the user’s needs.
While browsing a site, the user may also receive cookies on his/her terminal that are sent by different sites or web servers (so-called “third parties”), on which some elements (e.g.: images, maps, sounds, specific links to pages of other domains) present on the site he/she is visiting may reside. There may be, therefore,under this profile:
- Direct cookies, sent directly from this site to your device
- Third party cookies, originating from a third party but sent on our behalf. This site uses third-party cookies to facilitate the analysis of our website and their use, and to enable targeted advertising (as described below).
In addition, depending on the purpose for which the cookies are used, they can be distinguished into:
- Technical cookies: they are used to allow the transmission of a communication on an electronic communication network or to provide a service expressly requested by the user. They are not used for other purposes. In the category of technical cookies, whose use does not require the user’s consent, we distinguish:
- Navigation or session cookies:they guarantee the normal navigation and use of the website (e.g.: to authenticate and access restricted areas). The use of these cookies (which are not permanently stored on the user’s device and are automatically deleted when the browser is closed) is strictly limited to the transmission of session identifiers (consisting of random numbers generated by the server) necessary to enable the safe and efficient exploration of the site.
- Analytics cookies: if they are used only to collect information in aggregate form, on the number of users who visit the site and how they visit it
- Functionality cookies: they allow the user to navigate according to a set of selected criteria (e.g. language, products or services purchased) to improve the service provided to the user.
- Profiling cookies: these are designed to create profiles on the user and are used to send targeted promotional messages based on the preferences expressed during navigation on the web. These cookies can be used for these purposes only with the user’s consent.
How cookies are used by this site
- know the total number of visitors on an ongoing basis as well as the types of browsers (e.g. Firefox, Safari or Internet Explorer / Microsoft Edge) and operating systems (e.g. Windows or Macintosh) used;
- monitor the performance of the site, including how visitors use it, and to improve its functionality;
- personalize and enhance your online user experience; and
- enable user profiling, for targeted promotional purposes tailored to the preferences and interests expressed by the user online, by us and third parties, both on and off this site.
Which categories of cookies we use and how they can be managed by the user
The types of cookies used can be classified into one of the categories, listed below, which allows the user to give consent or modify it (if previously expressed) to accept the various types of cookies:
|Type of cookie||Purpose of the cookie||Origin and howblock it|
|Essential website cookies (session and navigation)||These cookies are essential for correct navigation and to use the functions of the site. These cookies do not collect personal information that can be used for marketing purposes, nor do they store the sites visited. The use of these cookies (which are not permanently stored on the user’s device and are automatically deleted when the browser is closed) is strictly limited to the transmission of session identifiers (consisting of random numbers generated by the server) necessary to enable the safe and efficient exploration of the site. This category of cookies can not be disabled.||(direct cookies)|
|Functionality cookies||These cookies allow us to remember choices you have made (such as username, language or geographic location) and provide enhanced and personalised features. The information collected by these cookies may be anonymized and does not track browsing activity on other websites. This category of cookies cannot be deactivated.||(direct cookies)|
As with many websites, we use technologies similar to cookies, including local shared objects (also known as “flash cookies”), browser history analysis, browser fingerprints, and pixel tags (also known as “web beacons”). These technologies provide us and our suppliers with information about how the site and its content are used by visitors, and allow us to identify whether your computer or device has visited our or other sites in the past.
Our servers automatically collect your IP address; in this way, we may associate that address with the name of your user domain or the name of your Internet Provider. We may also collect certain “clickstream data” relating to site usage. Clickstream data includes, for example, information about your computer or device, your browser and operating system and its settings, the page you came from, the pages and content you viewed or clicked on during your visit and when and how you did so, the items you downloaded, the site you visited next, and any search terms you entered on our site or on a redirect site.
How to control or delete cookies
You have the right to choose whether or not to accept cookies. Below is some information on how to exercise this right. However, please note that if you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to use all the features of the site and, if you have consented to profiling on other occasions, the communications you receive may not be relevant to your interests. Please also note that if you choose to manage your cookie preferences, our cookie management tool will still set a technical cookie on your device to enable us to enforce your preferences. Deleting or removing cookies from your device will also remove the preference cookie, so you will need to make these choices again.
You can block cookies using the selection links in the table above. Alternatively, you can change your browser settings so that cookies cannot be stored on your device. To do this, you must follow the instructions provided by your browser (usually found in the “Help”, “Tools” or “Edit” menus). Deactivating a cookie or category of cookies does not delete them from your device.browser. Therefore, you should do this directly in your browser.
If you want to delete, disable or restore cookies on your computer, you can use the cookie configuration pages provided by any third party content providers, or through your browser options.
Below is a list of instructions for managing cookies in relation to the most popular browsers:
- Chrome –https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en&topic=14666&ctx=topic
- Firefox –https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/cookies-information-websites-store-on-your-computer
- Internet Explorer –http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/internet-explorer/delete-manage-cookies#ie=ie-11
- Safari –https://support.apple.com/kb/PH17191?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_GB
- Opera –http://www.opera.com/browser/tutorials/security/privacy/
- Microsoft Edge– https://privacy.microsoft.com/it-it/windows-10-microsoft-edge-and-privacy
If you use a mobile device, you should refer to its instruction manual to find out how to manage cookies.
For more information about cookies, including how to view those that have been set on your device, how to manage and delete them, visitwww.allaboutcookies.org.
Previously set cookies
If you have disabled one or more cookies, we will still be able to use the information we collected prior to that disabling via preferences. However, as of that time, we will stop using disabled cookies to collect additional information.